Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Long time no blog

Wow! It has certainly been awhile since my last blog. I have been extremely busy, so I haven't had much time to blog. My perspective on life has completely changed. I have been deployed for 7 months now. I have learned to appreciate the ones you love, and that life is all too short. Too many of my friends have died here, and sometimes it is hard to bear. I know their sacrifices were not in vain though. My Pashtu has been improving considerably. I can make basic conversation now, including requesting patient information and such. We have an excellent interpreter that has been very patient in helping me understand the language and culture.

Where I am located now is much more calm than my previous assignments. It took me about a month to calm and realize we don't get attacked often. I had become used to constant fighting, and medic duties, and hadn't realized it. I should be going on mid-tour leave in about 1 1/2 months, which I am very much looking forward to. I can only imagine how much the kids have grown and matured. I miss Kathy all the time, and there isn't a day that doesn't go by without me thinking of her.

No comments:

Proud member of the Read the Bills Act Coalition