Saturday, April 11, 2009

Leave is behind me

Leave was excellent. All I can say is that I wish I had more time to spend with my family. I was amazed at how much the kids had grown. Peyton's development has improved dramatically thanks mostly to Kathy's desire to get her enrolled in pre-school. She has improved her language skills to a much greater level than before. Her vocabulary has increased quite a bit.

Broc has become a big dude. He and I had all kinds of fun playing with his trains, cars, and just hanging out. I could tell he was very happy I was home. I was very impressed with his development as well. The guy is very smart and has quite the vocabulary. He and Peyton love running around and playing with each other. They do get in the occasional fights, but those are usually quickly resolved from parental interference in the form of a time out.

Hunter is a very handsome fella. It was nice to finally get to know the guy. He has a very sharp intellect for a 9 month old kid. Despite his should difficulties he has been learning to crawl, and from I have heard, he has taken his first step! This guy has no concept of quiting. I can tell he is going to be a very inspiring person.

I wonder how many dads actually look up to their sons? I can tell you that I honestly look up to both of my boys. I can only hope that I can help them in their paths to manhood, in whatever way I can. My children have certainly humbled me.

I think the person I enjoyed spending time with the most though was Kathy. I had been apart from her so long, I had forgotten what it was like to have her by my side. It was awesome being able to just discuss things with her. I love how she listens to me, and understands me. It's really nice having her to go to when the world doesn't seem to care.

Coming home for leave has deepened my appreciation for my family. I am certainly looking forward to coming home soon, and getting to have my family again.

No comments:

Proud member of the Read the Bills Act Coalition